Friday, June 29, 2012

Emily's summer, week 2

June 29, 2012

Dear Everybody,

Summit of Mount Snowdon,  June 2012
I found a shelter from the strong wind.
 I call it my hidey-hole.  
There are two birds picking at the sandwiches I made with bread, peanut butter and bird seed.  I think they like it.

Our trip to Virginia is now in 4 days including today but not Tuesday.  We're going to visit my Grandma Louis for four nights.  We will be seeing lots of friends and family and I am very excited.  However, I am NOT excited about the plane ride--8 hours *sigh*.  We will visit Jefferson Middle School and Williamsburg Middle School.  I'm looking forward to it all!

Dead Man's Cove

Laura is eager to get to her uncle's home in St. Ives, but everywhere she goes, she finds mysteries.  Why is her uncle never around?  Who is "J"?  What happened at Dead Man's Cove that made everyone so afraid?  Inspired by her favourite fictional detective, Laura is determined to find the answers.

Before Green Gables

Ann Shirley is a young orphan.  Few people are willing to take her in.  Living in fear of the orphanage, Anne helps many different people get along, washing many diapers and preparing dinners.

***

I have made two book sections in my room, books to read and recommended books.

My friend Katherine has a dog named Luna.  Luna is a Spanish water dog and very cute and friendly.  I'm trying to train her to shake my hand, but half the time she just licks it.  Our neighbors have a dog named Bo or Bud.  He barks whenever he hears us.  It's because he doesn't know us.  If we go behind the trees in our back yard and he follows us there, he can see us and he barks.  bark bark bark bark bark bark.  Sort of like a boy in my class who seems to think talking is cool or something, so he talks ALL THE TIME.  Blablablablabla.  Oh well.

Chapter 2

Nibbles looked in the direction of the noise.  A girl about 12 with brown hair and a camera.  Frightened, he ran back to his home, closely followed by Sammy and MIllie.

"Aw, they're gone.  Don't they know I love them?" the girl said.  She left the sidewalk and walked toward the bush.  A grin came across her face when she saw Nibbles, who, curious, had stayed outside.  Cautiously, she reached out and petted him, taking a video with her camera.  But soon, Nibbles went back in his hole.  Everybody lived happily ever after.

The End




FIND OUT NEXT WEEK!

Coming up next week
In the red section a review of my 1st week in VA!
In the green section a new story!
In the black section (hopefully) mini-ads submitted by YOU!  (Submit your ads by email or facebook message to the editor.)

Word of the week
indiscriminate - adjective - not a specific selection. - random or varied - The wide variety of plants in the old lady's garden is quite indiscriminate.

There are no mini ads this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment